Software Engineer - Cloud Services
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
The Development Technologies group creates tools used by millions of engineers around the world to build software for Apple's iOS, watchOS, tvOS and macOS platforms. Engineers in the Development Technologies group have the unique and rewarding opportunity to apply their personal experience to enhance and augment the very tools they use every day. This role is specifically responsible for participating in the creation of a yet-to-be-announced product.
- At least 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer, or a related occupation
- 5+ years experience with Java, or a comparable language
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise systems
- Experience defining system architecture and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, reliability and security
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service APIs
- Experience in communicating with customers, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Passionate about professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
The Cloud Services team is seeking a self-motivated engineer to help us build the future of developer technologies at Apple. You’ll join a small but ambitious group of engineers responsible for building new features and services that will power a new Apple product. We are passionate about building industry-leading developer tools, and ideal candidates will have a strong passion for streamlining and automating developer workflows, a thorough understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, and an appetite to learn (and sweat) the details of our domain. In this role you will be working closely with other teams that produce Apple's developer tools. You will be collaborating with Apple's internal software organization to help make sure that this product meets their needs, as well as providing great new features to Apple's external developer community. You’ll join a small and focused team, but also work closely with the larger Development Technologies organization colocated with us. Here you’ll find that we: • Have a wide range of experience, from new engineers to Apple veterans. • Provide a peaceful work environment where you can choose when to socialize and when to close find your own space and focus. • Have an encouraging and growth-focused workplace culture. • Encourage you to use accrued vacation time and maintain a healthy work-life balance. • Offer excellent benefits. This role is on-site in Vancouver, Canada. Relocation assistance is available.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- If possible, provide a portfolio of your work.