Movies & Sports Video Editor, Canada (temporary assignment)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. iTunes is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated individual to join the Canadian team as a Video Editor. This position is responsible for the discovery, programming and promotion of featured Movies and Sports content for Apple TV App and iTunes in Canada, and will also be responsible for handling day-to-day relationships with select content providers. Can you imagine the things you could accomplish here? This might just be your dream job!
- Minimum of seven years experience and knowledge in film programming, distribution, and/or exhibition.
- Experience working within an integrated, digital media production team and working in a dynamic environment with an ongoing set of deadlines and goals.
- Ability to handle numerous projects on multiple platforms at one time, across multiple content management tools.
- Planning and prioritizing assignments, as well as continually improving planning and production processes.
- Strong and balanced knowledge of, and passion for, Canadian, US, and international film, both current releases as well as catalogue across multiple genres and decades.
- Superior knowledge of, and demonstrated passion for, Canadian, US and international sports landscape.
- Excellent film, entertainment and/or sports industry contacts.
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Previous experience working with local / multi-lingual / cultural nuances.
- A rare combination of excellent attention to detail with the ability to see the big picture.
- Extraordinary organizational and social skills.
- A hands-on approach to executing projects from start to finish.
You will be responsible for programming and merchandising Movies and Sports content for Apple TV App and iTunes in Canada on numerous platforms, including iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV and third party devices. You will maintain relationships with select content providers day-to-day, and collaborate closely with other teams at iTunes and Apple in Canada. Sharp programming acumen, demonstrated aptitude for content management tools, the ability to multi-task whilst maintaining superior attention to detail, and, above all, up-to-the-minute content knowledge and of the ever-changing video landscape are crucial skills for this position. Key elements of executing the programming and editorial include merchandising new releases and other feature content across multiple genres; updating featuring daily, identifying new and priority releases, as well as highlighting library content to showcase depth of catalogue. Additional programming responsibilities include working with management in Canada and Cupertino to settle local and global priorities and running the weekly scheduling and programming process. You will manage relationships and lead interactions with content providers, including, but not limited to, global studios based in the US, domestic distributors in Canada, as well as Canadian sports broadcast partners. Ongoing responsibilities in this area include ensuring timely delivery of content from providers, ensuring deadlines are met, and identifying and delivering culturally and market relevant promotional opportunities on a consistent basis. This is a temporary assignment. The role is based in Toronto, Canada.
Education & Experience
Ideally holds a university degree or equivalent experience. MBA is a plus. Bilingual in English and French an asset.