Sales Planning and Operations Leader
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This, in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. Apple expects innovation in every part of the company, and the SP&O team meets that challenge by ensuring the collaborative development of strategy and the flawless execution of program deployment & life cycle management, training & advocacy engagement, systems development, geo expansion, and program execution/ briefings. As the leader of the Sales Planning and Operations team, you will lead a team of over 20 people who support the alignment and execution of the Canadian go-to-market strategy. You’ll partner closely with local and worldwide Sales and SP&O teams to devise and execute operational solutions to drive the adoption of the Apple ecosystem by delivering amazing customer experiences.
- You are only as strong as the people around you, so you know how to build and motivate a team. We are looking for someone with solid leadership skills with 15 plus years of experience.
- You craft an environment that is reciprocal and one that empowers team members to do their life’s best work. When projects require extra support, you step up to the plate and mobilize the right resources to ensure all problems are resolved.
- You understand the importance of delivering an “Apple customer experience” every single time. You are dedicated to meeting the expectations of both internal and external customers, and focus your team on doing the same. You are energized by even the toughest challenges; you fight for excellence and craft the right environment for your people to do likewise.
- Apple doesn’t cut corners, in products or in business. You bring the highest level of integrity, honesty, and accountability in all that you do, every single day. You are a trusted advisor who does what you say you’ll do.
- You understand there are many moving parts in an organization. Navigating the interdependencies within Apple is essential, and you believe that communication is key to Apple’s success. Your someone who actively talks and listens through endless possibilities. To ensure the most innovative ideas become a reality, you recognize perspectives, listen to every detail and commit to what is right, in order to move us forward.
- You know yourself - you have strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities - but you also know the people around you and are open to their feedback. You relate well to all kinds of people – up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. When faced with a challenging opportunity, you know who to connect with and when. People know you as a true collaborator who knows what it takes to win.
- Apple solves complex business problems in simple and innovative ways. You understand how things work, and the interdependencies that need to be considered when delivering great results. You cultivate a sense of curiosity in your team, inspiring them to identify more efficient ways of achieving seamless execution. You do this by asking why and why not, both stripping out what is not essential and identifying what is. By doing so, you are able to see what’s ahead, identifying trends and supporting action plans that are critical to enabling growth.
- You understand that operational excellence requires clear direction, great organization, and the ability to eliminate roadblocks. Due to changing priorities, budget, and resources, you face the daily challenge of where to focus your time and energy. You have a can-do attitude, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks. You drive what matters and empower your teams to reach their goals along the way.
You have an eye for talent. You build and lead great teams by coaching, developing, motivating and enabling them with the right tools and real-time feedback. You encourage your team’s collaboration and champion a diverse and expansive environment. You are a connector. You can triangulate multiple data points to identify the key themes. You see the points of intersection in seemingly disparate ideas and can piece them together to drive alignment and efficiencies in execution. You are operationally focused and results-oriented. You build systems of program and project management to drive execution of local and global initiatives aligned to the strategy across all routes to market — Retail, Telco, Education, and Enterprise. You are able to manage multiple competing priorities, choosing to execute only those activities that will deliver the greatest impact. You have an efficiency attitude, continually looking for a better way to do things, and to share and demonstrate standard methodologies globally. You are a strong communicator, able to provide thought leadership, influence without authority, and constructively challenge ideas, always with the best interests of Apple and the customer in mind. You effectively establish relationships within a matrix environment at local and WW levels. Excellent leadership & people management skills with experience leading leaders. Validated development and attraction of top talent with deep functional expertise. Confirmed ability to set expectations, meet deadlines and ensure accountability to attain key outcomes leading multiple concurrent, multi-team execution functions. Excellent communication, and interpersonal, skills. Ability to drive commitment and change through compelling verbal and visual storytelling. Reciprocal, flexible and open working style, with an ability to establish and maintain trust and credibility across functional teams in a global matrix organization. Resourcefulness and flexibility to adapt to Apple’s changing business needs.
Education & Experience
Requires a BS/BA or related.