Sr. Security Engineer
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with a security mindset, or a security expert with strong software development skills to lead our security engineering efforts. In this role you will be responsible for implementing key security features within the product, and collaborating closely with multiple product teams to ensure security best practices are being followed. Security is a central feature of an upcoming product and this is a key role to ensure product success.
- Strong background in distributed systems security
- Successful track record of designing and implementing encryption-related technologies
- Knowledge of security frameworks, encryption standards, coding practices, tools, and exploits
- Fluent in a strongly typed or functional programming language like Swift, Go, Kotlin or similar
- Experience crafting and delivering polished project proposals in a variety of communication settings and styles
- History of building constructive and effective interpersonal relationships with cross-functional teams
- Experience with DevOps tools, processes, and culture
- Experience implementing large-scale security solutions and integrations
- Awareness of the established and emerging security threats for application design
The Cloud Services team is seeking a creative and highly motivated, security focused application engineer to ensure that the future of developer technologies at Apple is secure at every level of the stack. You will join a small but ambitious group of engineers responsible for a “yet to be announced” product as our embedded Security lead. We are passionate about building industry-leading developer tools. The security of these tools is the underpinning for a large ecosystem of apps, and the security of our systems is central to everything we do. To that end, we want a security lead embedded in the product engineering team who can help drive application security (design, encryption standards, protocols and detection) in particular. The ideal candidate will be keen to write critical security-related services, collaborate with other engineers on security related topics including API and code reviews, as well as participate in security planning with specialist teams involved in various aspects of security. You will be part of a focused team in Cloud Tools, but also work closely with the larger Development Technologies organization colocated with us. Here you’ll find that we: • Have a wide range of experience, from new engineers to Apple veterans. • Provide a peaceful work environment where you can choose when to socialize and when to close find your own space and focus. • Have an encouraging and growth-focused workplace culture. • Encourage you to use accrued vacation time and maintain a healthy work-life balance. • Offer excellent benefits.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience