Robotics Engineer- WR Calibration
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Machine Learning and AI
Apple is looking for talented, proactive, and results-oriented robotics engineers to join our team and work together on exciting technologies for complex autonomous systems. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team on an innovative multi-platform hardware/software product.
- Experience developing state estimation algorithms, for example calibration, localization, mapping or SLAM applications
- 3+ years experience developing and integrating with multi-sensor real-time systems
- Very strong C++ development skills.
- Experience with Python and developing in the Linux and/or Mac OS environment
- Excellent understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written/presentational skills. This includes working with peers, managers, and cross-functional teams
- Ability to cut through ambiguity and follow through to task completion despite roadblocks or distractions
- Ability to adjust priorities with technical expertise and manage time wisely in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
The successful candidate will develop and integrate sophisticated algorithms for an autonomous robotics system. The candidate will also review system performance, triage and fix issues, and identify improvements to the current system. We search for people that have the relevant experience, a good attention to detail, an aptitude for learning new skills, and enjoy working in teams to achieve common goals.
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD in robotics, engineering, computer science, or equivalent professional experience with a track record of successful projects.