Apple Media Products - Manager, Big Data Engineering
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
- 5 - 7+ years experience in managing engineers is required
- Proficiency in high level programming languages such as Scala or Java is required.
- Proficiency working with relational databases like Oracle and document databases like Cassandra is required.
- Proficiency with SQL is required.
- Experience with Hadoop related technologies and streaming solutions like Kafka is preferred.
- Experience in developing large scale data (ETL) platforms, pipelines, warehousing, mining or analytic systems is preferred.
- Experience with Spark would be a bonus.
- Ability to understand and explain complex systems.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
Apple is seeking a hands on data engineering manager with a passion for big data and analytics. You will be an experienced software engineer who has transitioned to managing individual engineers, and delivering Internet-scale engineering solutions. You will lead a team of data engineers within Core Data, which is part of the Analytics Engineering organization within Apple Media Products (AMP), home to the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes, and much more. Successful candidates will have strong leadership, engineering skills, and communication, as well as a belief that data driven processes lead to great products. This is a unique opportunity to form a new engineering team and make a significant impact to how Apple delivers analytics solutions for some of the most compelling big data in the world!
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree, or equivalent experience in Math or Computer Science.