Software Engineer - FEAR
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you passionate about developing large scale software systems to solve real world problems in Fraud detection and prevention? Do you have experience with ingesting, analyzing and processing large amounts of data for use in real time systems? Are you looking for the chance to engineer solutions from the initial design process to the deployment of the system into production and witness the real-world impact of your hard work? If so, this is most definitely the job for you.
- As a software engineer in the Fraud Engineering, Algorithms and Risk group, you’ll have the opportunity to conduct analysis and reverse engineering of Apple services, and to chip in to the design and implementation of the systems that protect our customers. You will work with developers, data analysts and security engineers to ensure that new devices, software and features in our services, provide the safest experience to our customers.
- - Minimum of 2 years experience implementing large-scale production systems
- - Working experience in
- - Java and/or Scala
- - Cassandra and/or other non-relational data storage knowledge
- - Experience with OO design/implementation as well as external system interface design and integration
- - Excellent communication skills to facilitate requirements analysis and clarification
- - Excellent troubleshooting skills to support infrastructure team in deployment and maintenance as needed
- - Knowledge of the following would be useful:
- - Fraud-detection and prevention systems, methodologies, technologies
- - Kafka, Spark, Akka, Hadoop/HDFS, Postgres, Redis
- - Basic data science methods and techniques
- - Privacy regulations such as GDPR and the impact on data handling
- - Development of test cases and tools in preparing for and maintaining large scale deployments
Apple values our customers. We value their time, their user experiences, and the data they entrust to us. As such, we want to protect our customers from the various threats that exist online. The Anti-Fraud Systems Engineering team does this by identifying and monitoring these threats and developing engineering solutions to counteract them. We maintain a rewarding environment where the best engineers can innovate, collaborate and produce real-world solutions to meet this goal. You will seek hard problems at large scale in the pursuit of new and creative features, specifically in the realm of fraud detection and prevention. You will seek the full process of solution engineering: problem and constraints definition, design and development, unit testing and deployment; as such excellent social skills, high technical capability and success with tight deadlines will be necessary.
Education & Experience
BS Computer Science