Senior Software QA Engineer
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
- 3-5 years QA experience, writing automation for backend services
- Strong understanding of SQA methodologies and practices
- Proven knowledge of internet protocols, web proxies, caching and other web related fundamentals
- Experience in gray box testing
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- Demonstrated ability to write automation
- Ability to identify and triage issues
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to lead projects and contribute as part of a team
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish The TestFlight QA team is looking for a Software QA engineer with strong API automation experience to join our group and write automation for backend services. If you are passionate for shipping high quality software, proven experience with client-server products, improving quality process and writing automation this would be the role. In this role your job responsibilities will include bug reporting, test case planning, review and documentation, performing functional, regression, ad-hoc and compatibility testing for Testflight on iOS, tvOS and watchOS platforms. The position demands a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills who can contribute in a cross-functional team environment. Your work will impact millions of customers and developers worldwide. The work involves automating backend services, designing and implementing test plans for features. You will need to show ability to communicate with Developers, Engineering Program Managers, and other QA Engineers to build solid test plans, execute & report results. This position requires a strong individual contributor that can work on projects independently and collaborate with cross functional teams. Work closely with engineering teams to debug and reproduce issues. Candidate must be dynamic and prepared to test and regress a high volume of changes on a day-to-day basis. This position requires strong analytical skills in not only approaching and executing tests but also in analyzing the details of test results. Candidate should also understand swagger docs and convert them into test cases. Strong bug reporting skills and ability to communicate clearly with developers is a must.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years gray box testing
- Experience performing code reviews
- Understanding of continuous integration/deployment
- Experience testing Restful APIs
- Detailed knowledge of macOS and apple mobile products is a plus.