Apple Media Products Engineering - Senior Software Engineer
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
- You'll bring expert experience with Java or equivalent object-oriented languages.
- We want over 5 years of crafting, implementing and supporting highly scalable backend applications.
- A deep understanding of HTTP and REST APIs.
- Ability to design and establish coding patterns/standards across multiple code repositories.
- You will mentor team members on writing code that is efficient, maintainable and testable.
- Proven track record to re-architect an expansive code base while transitioning to technologies/frameworks.
- Meaningful experience with NoSQL & big data technologies like Cassandra, Solr, Kafka and Hadoop.
- Experience with container orchestration frameworks (eg. Kubernetes) preferred.
- Shown grasp of multi-threaded programming concepts.
The Apple Media Products engineering team is seeking a hardworking Senior Software Engineer to develop and build features for our Apple Media teams. We are hiring a self-starter who is daring and is willing to question assumptions. Excellent written and oral skills are a requirement. You have experience developing large-scale, server-side systems using object-oriented languages. We are looking for a teammate who wants to take on problems under deadlines and deliver visionary solutions. Here's your chance to join a dynamic team and to break new ground on our Apple Media platform! You will have the courage and experience to be frank and ambitious but humble enough to listen to others. We want your thoughts on how we can move faster, be more creative, and deliver tools and ideas to empower developers around the world. We expect you to challenge the status quo, to care about the details, the end user, and how it all comes together. In this role, you'll be responsible for building new features, data models, and user workflows. You will collaborate with our Apple Design team to bring projects and features to life. In addition to delivering phenomenal Apple Music features, you will partner with the rest of the Apple Media Products engineering team to deliver incredible products to support our partners.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent, PhD preferred.