Editor, Apple News - Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Having access to world class reporting is important, now more than ever. At Apple News, we seek to give our readers meaningful coverage of current events, from trusted sources, served with a human touch. Our team of News editors reads critically and puts together a balanced selection of content from different media across the world. And with the introduction of magazines and the Apple News+ subscription, our strong editorial team helps customers find the world's most inspiring and impactful stories. We are looking for an experienced editor with a background in journalism and a keen eye for solid reporting. Have a love of news that goes deeper than the headlines? We want to hear from you!
- Journalistic experience in a newsroom or news aggregation capacity.
- A keen nose for news that informs and moves people.
- Deep knowledge of the media landscape, even outside of your own preferred outlets or niches.
- Ability to produce accurate, eye-catching copy in English and French.
- Ability to perform copy editing in both English and French.
- Passion for and understanding of Apple brand and products.
- Comfortable delivering against tight and sometimes shifting deadlines.
- Extraordinary social and relationship-building interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with international peers collaboratively across timezones.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- An ability to analyse and communicate results clearly and effectively to leaders with proficiency in Excel/Numbers and Keynote.
- You are creative and resourceful and know how to think different.
In this role, you will: - Curate local storefronts to make sure our customers are presented with an engaging mix of the most relevant news from across the media landscape. - Collaborate with designers, programmers, marketers, and product managers to build amazing user experiences. - Be aware of topical cultural moments and be able to plan and execute on-store featuring of content based on these. - Maintain the Apple tone of voice and branding across our storefronts. - Follow a style guide, and work with content management systems. - Regular evening and weekend work may also be required.
Education & Experience
BA/BSc degree in a related field is a plus.
- - This position is based in Toronto or Montréal, Canada.
- - Regular domestic travel will be required when safe to do so.
- - Written fluency in English and French is required. Additional languages are a plus.