Partner Communications (Carrier) Manager, Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Apple Channel Marketing is looking for a Manager of Partner Communications (Carrier) to manage Carriers/Telecom partners throughout Canada. The role sits within Apple Marketing Communications group, who works to ensure that the company’s products and services are conveyed in the most compelling manner. Partner Communications Manager, Carrier has the responsibility to successfully launch products, implement Apple-created and develop Partner-led campaigns which includes above-the-line and below-the-line campaigns. The role requires extensive collaboration with Worldwide Partner Communications (based in Cupertino, CA), and an ability to develop great relationships with our key internal and external partners. Apple’s Carrier partners account for a considerable proportion of sales in Canada, therefore the need to work in concert with these channel partners is critical. We believe an ongoing collaborative dialogue is crucial to ensure the quality and consistency of partner communications that promote all Apple products. Heavy emphasis will be placed on senior relationship management (up to C-level suite) to drive world-class communications solutions in a very dynamic and fast-moving environment. At the same time, the ability to tactically execute is required. This person also works closely with the rest of the Channel Marketing Communications team to localize WW campaigns and develop surrounding campaigns and programs to help drive awareness, consideration and sales. This candidate collaborates with the Canadian Sales organization to understand the business, inventory, and competitive dynamics, which may influence our marketing communication's strategies and execution. This position will report into the Canadian Channel Lead and is based in Toronto, Ontario.
- 15+ years’ experience in brand management/marketing communications, ideally from a leading consumer electronics or telecom manufacturers or a creative/design agency.
- A clear ability to successfully launch products and campaigns amidst often challenging circumstances.
- A leader with outstanding written and verbal communications skills as well as highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Demonstrated depth of experience with integrated communications and account/client relationship management.
- Experience work with and influencing senior relationships up to the C-level suite.
- Experience working within a global marketing organization is a requirement, ideally having worked in a Geo/Field role.
- A highly detail-oriented team player with persuasive/negotiation skills.
- A very strong communicator.
The primary responsibility of this role is to work with key carrier partners in Canada, focusing on the planning and deployment of world-class communication programs supporting all Apple’s products. Strong planning and execution supporting Apple’s new product introduction and seasonal campaigns along with Apple’s worldwide product merchandising priorities. Ensure partner media, and BTL campaigns are complimentary to Apple owned campaigns. Work closely and alongside Manager, Programs and Platforms to guarantee carrier store merchandising opportunities are fully understood and ensure most premium positions for Apple products. Represent Apple marketing guidelines and programs with carrier partners and lead the day-to-day reviews and approvals of product and tactical marketing communications. Provide account dashboards and partner updates to the WW Marketing team, Geo Marcom and Geo Sales including: Product launch summaries, monthly account updates, competitive updates and any other partner-specific marketing challenges & opportunities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree/University education.