Xcode Cloud Systems Software Engineer
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
Xcode Cloud is a new continuous integration and continuous delivery service integrated into Xcode and App Store Connect, created to improve and enhance the development process for the Apple developer community. As an Xcode Cloud Systems Engineer, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape the future of Apple platform development. You will build tools used by millions of developers around the world to build, test, and ship software for Apple's iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS platforms.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience with a strongly typed or functional language
- Understanding of algorithms and design patterns for distributed systems
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, reliability and security
- Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service APIs
- Excellent communication skills, experience crafting project proposals, and experience communicating with customers
- Passionate about professional software engineering best practices covering the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, testing, CI, deployment automation, release engineering, and operations
We are seeking a talented engineer to help us build the future of development technologies at Apple. You’ll join an ambitious, visionary, and openly collaborative group of engineers responsible for building new features and services that power Xcode Cloud. You will collaborate with Apple's internal software engineering teams to take Apple's own software to the next level, as well as providing great new features to Apple's external developer community. We are passionate about building industry-leading developer tools and services, and ideal candidates will have an enthusiasm for streamlining and automating developer workflows, a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, and an appetite to learn and sweat the details of our domain. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of developer productivity tools and services. You will collaborate with colleagues across all of Apple's software organization to accelerate the development of OS components and apps, and enabling new features and technologies for Apple's consumer and external developer communities. You’ll join a small and focused team, but also work closely with the other organizations in a cross-functional manner to deliver new features. Here you’ll find that we: • Have a wide range of experience, from new engineers to Apple veterans. • Provide a peaceful work environment where you can choose when to socialize and when to find your own space and focus. • Have an encouraging and growth-focused workplace culture. • Encourage you to use accrued vacation time and maintain a healthy work-life balance. • Offer excellent benefits.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- If possible, provide a portfolio of your work.