Engineering Project Manager
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
As a senior engineering project manager, you will own the implementation of software that millions of developers inside and outside of Apple used to build life-changing products. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the brightest engineers in the world by coordinating and prioritizing the work needed to accomplish our daring goals. You will be a key part of the action in developing and growing Apple’s new Continuous Integration system, Xcode Cloud, as well as a new Build system and meaningful reliability efforts. Our team is part of the Developer Tools Operations organization that works with design and customer support teams to guide services and reliability improvements within developer tools.
- Experienced with large cross-functional software implementations
- Quick to learn new and ambitious technologies and eager to ask questions
- Consume and manage large amounts of information fast and optimally
- Prioritizes work for self and others thoughtfully
As a project manager, your role will include the following: - Motivating engineers and managers to do high-quality work while maintaining positive relationships - Pulling out critical information and decisions from meetings, and detailing and following up on action items promptly - Bringing new insights and actively challenging “the way it’s always been done” - Using feature/bug-tracking software robustly - Proactively identifying risks or problems, and putting plans in place to fix them - Using Quip, Numbers, Slack, and Keynote optimally to collaborate with other project managers, engineers, designers, and upper management - Ensuring we ship outstanding, reliable software that delights our customers
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or 7+ years of relevant project management in software development experience
- Good to have:
- - Experience and knowledge of Continuous Integration and Build systems
- - Experience with Xcode, Apple App Store tools and processes, and software infrastructure concepts.
- - Writes and speaks concisely and accurately