AR & VR Software Engineer (TDG)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Machine Learning and AI
Do you want to push the limits of the best Augmented Reality platform in the world? Apple's Technology Development Group (TDG) delivers algorithms that drive revolutionary Apple products, including the augmented reality (AR) platform ARKit to create ground-breaking new products. In this position, you will have the opportunity to be part of our extraordinary team of computer vision and deep learning researchers and engineers to discover and build solutions to previously-unsolved challenges and push the state of the art in AR algorithms that will change the way people experience the world! Apple is looking for a driven and dedicated AR & VR software engineer to join our team. As a member of the Technology Development Group (Algorithm Dev), you have the unique and rewarding opportunity to work on upcoming releases of Apple products that delights and inspires millions of people every day! We invite you to contribute to our current Augmented Reality platform and craft the future of Apple! To succeed within this role, you should have shown experience in several of the following areas:
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent software engineering and coding skills for both CPU and GPU
- Proficiency in C/C++, Python.
- Experience in Objective-C is a plus
- Excellent system level problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience in CI tools and infrastructure, e.g Jenkins, Splunk
- Experience in 3D rendering is a plus
- Good understanding of challenges related to virtual reality is a plus
The Algorithms organization in Apple’s Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for a skilled software engineer, with a strong background in system level programming and debugging. In this role, you will perform integration of computer vision algorithms for ambitious real-world problems in Virtual and Augmented Reality.
Education & Experience
BS in computer science or equivalent