SAP Technical Analyst
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is well-known around the globe for remarkable products and innovation. But did you know that Apple also has one of the world's most sophisticated, streamlined and innovative behind the scenes IT infrastructures including a diverse financial systems landscape? The IS&T Enterprise and Partner Systems team is responsible for implementing ground breaking solutions across the diverse systems landscape which are at the core of our ability to support the meaningful business needs critical to the day-to-day operations at Apple. Be ready to make something phenomenal when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product. We have an opening for an SAP Technical Analyst who has the right mix of SAP technical and leadership skills to optimally deliver sophisticated projects in Apple's fast-paced environment. You will join a team of developers to build reliable, scalable and secure solutions to power all Apple functions such as Sales, Retail, Finance, Services, and Operations. You will be responsible for design, development and deployment of on-premise and cloud enterprise solutions using a combination of SAP technologies and platforms. The candidate needs to be hands-on with crafting and developing custom solutions ground-up.
- 3+ years proven experience contributing and leading cross-functional projects or tracks from initiation to delivery as Technical Analyst / Lead.
- 2+ years of experience in SAP Application Development and Support, namely must have ABAP/Web Dynpro knowledge and practical experience.
- Must have knowledge of best practices in software development, system integration, unit testing and application performance tuning.
- Understanding/hand on experience with S/4 HANA, HANA and/or SAP BTP is a plus.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices, standard methodologies for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and deployment.
- Ability to define and execute repeatable user/vendor onboarding processes for enterprise systems.
- Able to deliver quality solutions within scope and timeline in an environment with high expectations and challenging timelines.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt new concepts and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of complex/composite system design.
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Goal and detail oriented, innovative, sensitive to established scope & timelines, strong at technical analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including creation/delivery of technical presentations and meeting facilitation (both in person and remote) and an ability to drive consensus with key stakeholders.
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast paced environment.
- Detail-oriented with ability to lead projects.
As an SAP Technical Analyst, we look forward to your contributions for development, troubleshooting and performance tuning of on-premise and cloud applications developed using a combination of SAP technologies and platforms. As an analyst you will manage application issue escalations, participate and contribute in application improvement efforts enabling reliable, secure and robust enterprise solutions. You will have opportunities to work with other IS&T Teams, Partners and Business teams to execute assessments and Proof-of-Concepts (PoCs) that may evolve into production solutions. This role will lead the onboarding of key business users to existing enterprise solutions and provide support as needed. We require strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentations creation/delivery and meeting facilitation and an ability to drive consensus with key stakeholders.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree and/or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology and hands-on work experience in SAP is preferred. Certifications in SAP and Project Management Professional (PMP) are a plus but not required.
- Be based in Austin, TX or willing to relocate to Austin, TX
- Ability to work with offshore teams during their respective timezone as required.