Senior Algorithm Evaluation Engineer (Computer Vision)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
The Video Computer Vision org is a centralized applied research and engineering organization responsible for developing real-time on-device Computer Vision and Machine Perception technologies across Apple products. We balance research and product to deliver Apple quality, state-of-the-art experiences, innovating through the full stack, and partnering with HW, SW and ML teams to influence the sensor and silicon roadmap that brings our vision to life. Examples include FaceID, Animoji/Memoji, Scene Understanding, People Understanding and Positional Tracking (VIO/SLAM).
- 4+ years experience developing or evaluating computer vision or machine learning algorithms
- Passion for quality, outstanding attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing terminology and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to describe and document complex topics clearly
- Comfortable working with technical teams specialized in a variety of disciplines
- Solid programming skills in Python, familiar with packages like Numpy,Â Scikit-learn, etc
- Be able to drive algorithm development
- Familiarity with the challenges of working with large scale data sets
- Experience using data visualization and presentation tools, such as Tableau
- Project and small team leadership and organizational skills preferred
As a senior Algorithm Evaluation Engineer, you will work with world-class computer vision engineers, software engineers, and test engineers to build detailed evaluations enabling deep understanding of algorithm performance and use case suitability. You will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of the algorithms you support, and planning a comprehensive evaluation approach to ensure the algorithm meets Apple’s quality standards. You will work with a small team of engineers to implement the evaluation strategy, including building metrics*,* developing automation, running hands-on qualitative tests, and performing failure analysis.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.