Space Planning Business Analyst
Do you love working in a complex, global, interdependent environment? Do you have a passion for developing real estate strategy? As part of our Real Estate and Development group, you’ll have a meaningful role in transforming spaces into our corporate offices, stores, and product development centers. You’ll be an integral part of ensuring that Apple’s continued growth is sustainable and successful worldwide. Our goal is to ensure those workplaces also run efficiently, so everyone at Apple can focus on what they do best. Join us, and together, we’ll make it possible for Apple’s physical spaces to reflect the same simplicity and allure as our products. The Space Planning Business Analyst will be responsible for requesting, compiling, and validating data to prepare detailed reports, analysis and presentations in support of the Space Planning Manager and team. This candidate will play a key role spanning multiple Real Estate markets and business units to provide detailed driven analysis which will guide decision-making for our Space Planning team. We are looking for a hardworking influencer and organizer who thrives in an environment of complexity and ambiguity, and is passionate about improving processes and performance metrics for the cross-functional RE&D team. Position can based on-site at any of the following office locations: San Diego CA, Culver City, CA, Seattle, WA, New York City, NY, or Austin, TX.
- High level skills in reviewing and turning complex data into clear, actionable steps and creating macro and micro level recommendations to achieve goals, all delivered in a dynamic fast-paced environment;
- Real Estate industry experience in data analysis & interpretation, metric analysis, and data reporting & presentation;
- Understanding of basic Real Estate Strategy and Space Planning concepts;
- Ability to identify trends and patterns that contribute to strategic recommendations and decision making;
- Ability to act independently and be self-motivated.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Tableau and data visualization;
- Ability to craft a narrative/story using qualitative and quantitative data;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience creating process documentation to educate and guide stakeholders;
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in a corporate Real Estate environment.
We are looking for a high-energy candidate with at least 3-5 years of experience as a business analyst or relevant role in a corporate Real Estate environment to join our Space Planning team. Exposure or experience in Space Planning also desired. The Real Estate Business Analyst will be responsible for gathering data from numerous sources, identifying trends and developing reporting and supporting presentations to tell a story to executive leadership. The Space Planning team is responsible for Apple’s Global Real Estate portfolio, creating solutions to Apple's growth through leveraging partnerships with the Transaction, Project Management & Facilities teams. This team is also responsible for maintaining the integrity of all space occupancy data and reporting on Apple’s overall Real Estate portfolio, utilization and strategic plans.
Education & Experience
B.A./B.S. Degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, or relevant field.