Bilingual Apple News Editor - Canada
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! The Apple News team is looking for an experienced, passionate Editor to deliver timely national, international, and local news as well as top features and analysis to Canadian readers. Working in both English and in French, this Editor will join the Canadian team in its mission to deliver the most timely and accurate coverage of major events to News users. This position may require regular early morning and / or weekend work. This Editor requires exceptional news judgment and experience selecting stories in both English and French that reflect the major stories of the moment. In addition, the Editor should have an appreciation and deep knowledge of feature and service journalism, the skills to maintain professional relationships within a large organization and with major publishing partners, and a sure grasp of using data to inform journalistic decisions. Experience with the digital news environment is a requirement.
- Journalistic experience in a newsroom or news aggregation capacity (5+ years).
- Fluency in French and English.
- A keen nose for news and features that inform and engage.
- Deep knowledge of the media landscape, even beyond your own preferred outlets or interests.
- Adept at writing engaging, accurate display, and editing copy against a style guide.
- Passion for and understanding of the Apple brand and products.
- Capacity and flexibility to deliver against tight and sometimes shifting deadlines.
- Extraordinary relationship-building interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiasm to work with international peers collaboratively across timezones.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience using analytics to get great content to the right people at the right time.
- An ability to analyze and communicate results clearly and effectively to leaders with proficiency in Excel/Numbers and Keynote.
- You are creative, resourceful and know how to think different.
Curate Canadian storefronts in both French and English to make sure our customers are presented with an engaging mix of the most relevant news from across the media landscape. Collaborate with designers, programmers, marketers, and product managers to build amazing user experiences. Be aware of topical cultural moments and be able to plan and execute featuring of content based on these. Maintain the Apple tone of voice and branding. Maintain excellent professional relationships with publisher partners. Work both independently and collaboratively. Follow a style guide, and work with content management systems.
Education & Experience
Post-secondary education in journalism, communications, or a related field.
- This position can be based in Toronto or Montreal.
- Fluency in English and French is required. Additional languages are a plus.