Machine Learning Imaging Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
iPhone cameras ground-breaking features such as Night mode. In this position, you will have the opportunity to be part of an extraordinary team of image processing and computer vision experts to devise and build solutions to previously-unsolved problems in digital camera image processing and push the state of the art in camera algorithms that will change the way people capture images. We are looking for a driven and dedicated machine learning/computer vision scientist, optimally with experience in creating, implementing, and optimizing machine learning algorithms for image processing. As a member of a fast-paced team, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to impact trillions of images and videos that are shot on the iPhone every year. To succeed within this role, you should have shown experience in several of the following areas:
- Strong experience in image processing algorithm design
- Strong interest in GPU implementation and optimization
- Experience in computer vision and and machine learning
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Technical publication record and/or patents is desirable
- Proficiency in deep learning frameworks like PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Proficiency with C/C++ and Python
You’ll be working in a team of image processing and computer vision experts to push the state of the art in camera algorithms. YOUR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: Inventing and implementing innovative machine learning and computer vision algorithms to solve cutting edge problems in image processing Designing such algorithms to work reliably and efficiently on mobile devices Collaborating with other teams in software, firmware, and hardware to ensure highest possible image quality Cooperating with your team members to prepare presentations, talks, and disclosures to explain your inventions.
Education & Experience
Industry experience of 5+ years in machine learning, image processing, computer vision, or Ph.D. in similar fields.