Software Engineer - Creative Apps
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion, and dedication to your job and there is no telling what you could accomplish! The Creativity Apps team is looking for a senior engineer to help architect and build collaborative features for apps including Keynote, Numbers and Pages. You’ll be working with the world-class teams behind iWork, Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, iMovie, and GarageBand to create next-generation tools for creators.
- 5+ years proven experience shipping high quality, tested code with experience on Apple platforms preferred
- Experience as a technical lead; demonstrating strong communication, collaboration, and project management skills
- Proven experience architecting applications with cloud backend storage
- Solid grasp of computer science fundamentals and object-oriented design
- Proficiency in Swift, Objective-C, C++, or C
- Ability to write performant, scalable, maintainable and correct multi-threaded code
- Ability to work with ambiguity and take ownership of features/product
- Willingness to ask for help, learn from others, and mentor others in turn
- Committed to encouraging an open and inclusive work environment
This is a great opportunity to be one of the early members of a new engineering team! You will be responsible for setting the direction and architecture of new and innovative collaborative features for the creative space. You will work with human interface designers, quality assurance teams, and the cross functional teams to go beyond code and will influence everything from user interface to project planning. The ideal candidate should have experience in iOS development, cloud technologies, care about long term sustainable software development, and can drive features from concept all the way to delivery. This position also requires a self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience