RF PHY Test Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. We invite you to join us if you are looking for a challenging RF/Wireless Design Validation Test (DVT) Engineering position. Individuals will work with Phy, Mac, RFIC circuit designers and system integration engineers to do: RF bench testing, debugging, and characterizing RF Wireless SoC performance. Individuals will either automate mentioned tasks and/or help specify test procedures especially for tasks that are done repeatedly or require extensive setup.
- Solid verification skills in problem solving, constrained random testing, and debugging. Bring up and test wireless SoC, Perform system integration, characterization, and optimization.
- Work with different teams (Design, HW board teams and Firmware) within apple. Have proficiency with measurement automation tools and scripting languages such as Python and shell scripts.
- Experience with lab equipment such as network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscopes, DMM’s etc.
- Knowledge of wireless protocols such as Bluetooth, WLAN, UWB or others Experience with MAC or PHY Verification is a plus.
As a WSoC validation engineer, you will engage in the key task of designing, developing, and testing that Wireless SoCs implement designs to their specifications. This work includes reading and understanding design specifications and schematics and using highly specialized test platforms to validate proper operations of the WSoC. Tasks will include working with scripting languages, such as python and Tcl, in conjunction with embedded FW to confirm functionality and evaluating performance of Wireless SoCs.
Education & Experience
- Additional Requirements:
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.