RF SoC Automation Tool Developer
San Diego, California, United States
Would you like to join Apple’s growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. We invite you to join us if you are looking for a challenging RF/Wireless Design Validation Test (DVT) Engineering position! Individuals will work with PHY, MAC, RFIC circuit designers and system integration engineers to do: RF bench testing, debugging, and characterizing RF Wireless SoC performance. Individuals will either automate mentioned tasks and/or help specify test procedures especially for tasks that are done repeatedly or require extensive setup.
- Strong software/scripting skills with background in Wireless RF systems fundamentals.
- Solid experience of building software tools and scripting to perform RF parametric testing such as EVM, RX sensitivity, ACPR, blocker testing, etc.
- Unix/Linux scripting knowledge with objected oriented programming experience such as Python is a requirement.
- Strong working knowledge of test equipment, such as; network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, vector signal analyzer, vector signal generator, etc.
- Proficiency with basic metrics for determining quality of digital communication signals measured.
- Tool and software development for automating test equipment, on board circuitry, and device settings; server/client communication a plus - Writing scripts that plot, parse, and analyze large data sets of data. - Generating RF design/verification/test reports by working with RF, systems, and integration teams.
Education & Experience
BS + 10 years of relevant experience. MS preferred.