Software Development Engineer (Instrument Engineering)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This small team of extraordinary engineers designs and produces precision RF and Analog Test Equipment for use in calibrating and testing cellular, 5G, WiFi, BT, mmWave, UWB and NFC radios in millions of iPhones, iPads, Macs and Watches. All members of the team bring their own unique expertise to collectively take internal Apple products from concept to mass production. Each internal product is designed to Apple's exacting standards resulting in breathtaking test equipment that maintains the quality, accuracy and function of commercially available offerings.
- Experience in C++ & Swift
- Fundamental experience in Python, Obj-C, C++ or C languages
- Strong debugging skills
- Proficiency in using Git repository & software integration tools
- International travel of up to 10% is required
As part of the Application Software team you will work on the full software stack from front-end to driver level for mass production environment. You will develop high quality solutions using modern software engineering techniques as part of a team with varied strengths. Responsibilities include designing, developing, testing and deployment of software solutions, using a data-driven approach within a continuous improvement culture. You will work proactively with other cross-functional teams to resolve optimum software solutions to enhance the quality of Apple’s products.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree is needed, and we highly value Master’s or above. Relevant disciplines include Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Maths, Physics and other Engineering domains.
- Preferred Skills (but not required)
- - 2+ years of industry experience or equivalent
- - Proficiency in UI/UX design and implementation is a plus
- - Basic understanding of RF lab test equipment is a plus
- - Strong written and verbal communication skills
- - Understanding of complete end-end Software lifecycle of software projects from requirements, design, development to maintenance