AIML - Sr Data Scientist, AIML Data
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Would you like to help shape the intelligent assistant of the future? Want to contribute to transforming how human beings interact with technology through voice across hundreds of millions of customers and billions of interactions? We are looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to drive product understanding and insights for the Siri Assistant. The focus areas for this role are product insights and experimentation. In particular, the use of Siri in the home environment which is multi-modal, multi-device, multi user. You will work across many Apple products, use cases, and Siri-assisted services and features as we work to build the intelligent home of the future with iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. You will define metrics and design experiments for new AI capabilities, investigate product weaknesses, and work with product leads to inform the product strategy with data.
- 5+ years experience or equivalent as a data science practitioner.
- Expertise in causality (experimentation, econometrics, and general statistical modeling). Know how to use these skills to analyzed experiments and deliver meaningful product takeaways.
- Proficiency with applying quantitative methods to structured & unstructured data for exploratory data analysis, pattern recognition, insights generation, metrics development, and scaling reports.
- Strong programming skills in data manipulation & processing (SQL & Python preferred).
- Experience with understanding the complexity of user behavior via deep-dive investigations as well as designing, analyzing, and interpreting A/B experiments.
- Self-motivated and curious with creative and critical thinking capabilities and a highly developed drive to figure out and improve how things work.
- High tolerance for ambiguity. You find a way through. You anticipate. You connect and synthesize.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated experience in authoring & presenting analytical insights via papers & presentations.
- Demonstrated experience in cultivating partner relationships and influencing decisions with data.
As a Sr Data Scientist, you will use statistical analysis of structured data to deepen our understanding of how hundreds of millions of people use Siri across an array of products — iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Mac, Apple Watch, Apple TV — and across endless use cases from music to home automation and general knowledge discovery. Investigate world-wide product usage to identify weaknesses and opportunities to make the product better. Define metrics and design A/B tests with instrumentation to assess the success of new features. Build relationships with Engineering leads and product partners across the Siri product ecosystem to drive a privacy-first strategy for analytical insight. Employ a diverse toolkit of rigorous analytical approaches, methodologies, frameworks, and technical strategies to uncover opportunities to improve Siri. Build credibility with partners through clarity and structured, strategic thinking.
Education & Experience
Master’s degree in a technical or quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or Physics (PhD preferred).