App Store & Arcade Marketing Data Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Services at Apple help hundreds of millions of customers get the most out of the devices they love through amazing apps, award-winning shows and movies, immersive music in spatial audio, world-class workouts and meditations, super fun games and more. The Apple Media Products Data Science & Analytics organization is passionate about developing discerning insights and machine learning solutions to help continually improve these services and accelerate growth while maintaining a strong dedication to customer privacy. We are currently seeking an experienced and ambitious Marketing Data Scientist to help drive acquisition and grow engagement for App Store and Arcade business through upsell experimentation, advertising incrementality measurement, LTV prediction, customer journey analysis and campaign performance tracking. As a key member of our diverse and dynamic organization, you'll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to work with datasets of unique magnitude, richness, and dedication to customer privacy that will frequently require innovative approaches. You'll work collaboratively with partners across Business, Marketing, Product and Engineering daily to deliver material customer and business value.
- 4+ years of demonstrated ability in a data scientist or data analyst role, preferably for a digital media, MarTech, digital subscription business, or technology business.
- Strong proficiency with SQL, Python or R.
- 2+ years applied experience in building sophisticated datasets that enable data science and BI. Experience working with structured and unstructured data stored in distributed files systems.
- Solid experience working in marketing campaign measurement for both paid and non-paid campaigns.
- Experience with standard marketing data science analysis to include experimental design, linear regression, clustering, survival analysis, and quasi-causal analysis
- Curious business mindset with an ability to condense complex concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action.
Investigate large-scale data to uncover trends and identify key insights that will propel the App Store and Arcade marketing strategies. Determine marketing's incremental effect on our App Store and Arcade business, primarily through paid channels. Build datasets and automated dashboards to monitor channel and campaign performance. Develop effective attribution logic that will serve as benchmarks for ad delivery optimization. Establish propensity models to refine campaign audience selection. Help design marketing campaign touchpoint along customer journey and optimize engagement. Collaborate with ML teams to develop model prototypes for eventual production. Partner with business and engineering to define data collection, reporting requirements, metrics, and aggregates for analysis, ETLs, reporting, experimentation and machine learning. Collaborate with business, marketing, finance and executive teams to generate regular presentations for C-level executives. Partner with other Apple organizations on data gathering, data governance, evangelizing key performance indicators and democratizing data.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics or related field Masters in a related field preferred.