Subscriptions & Commerce Data Scientist
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Services at Apple help hundreds of millions of customers get the most out of the devices they love through amazing apps, award-winning shows and movies, immersive music in spatial audio, world-class workouts and meditations, super fun games and more. The Apple Media Products Data Science & Analytics organization is passionate about developing discerning insights and machine learning solutions to help continually improve these services and accelerate growth while maintaining a strong dedication to privacy. We are currently seeking an experienced Commerce Data Scientist to design, analyze, and optimize on commerce initiatives including offers, billing retry, and other subscription mechanics. These initiatives would cover all of AMP services such as the App Store, Apple Music, TV+, News+, Fitness+, and Apple One. As a key member of our diverse and dynamic organization, you'll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to work with datasets of unique magnitude, richness, and dedication to customer privacy that will frequently require innovative approaches. You'll work collaboratively with partners across Business, Marketing, Product and Engineering daily to deliver material customer and business value.
- 3+ years of proven ability as a Data Scientist, Data Analyst, or Data Engineer (preferably for a digital media, MarTech, digital subscription business, or technology business).
- 2+ years applied experience in building sophisticated datasets that enable data science and BI.
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data stored in distributed files systems with strong proficiency with SQL, Python or R. Experience with Spark and data visualization tools a plus.
- Strong background and knowledge in statistics, probability, and data analysis.
- Project ownership with an ability to condense & communicate sophisticated concepts and analysis into clear and concise takeaways that drive action.
Partner with Business and Engineering to define data collection, reporting requirements, metrics, and aggregates for analysis and reporting. Apply statistical methods to accurately understand the effect of multiple and often interrelated initiatives. Establish, improve, and socialize top line and operational metrics that accurately represent the business state of health to craft product strategy. Work with internet-scale data across numerous customer touch points. Develop a quantitative understanding of the economics of subscription businesses. Help form future ecosystem iterations and strategy, and build data products that lead to developer success.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field Masters in a related field preferred