Wireless Software Developer
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a fearless thinker? Do you love the challenge of advancing a widely accepted technology? In the Wireless Software group, you’ll be responsible for bringing groundbreaking wireless connectivity to the world through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and more. You’ll design, develop, and patent the next generation of our state-of-the art connectivity technologies. You’ll collaborate across departments to help craft wireless solutions that elevate the customer experience with Apple products and services. Our goal is to ensure nothing stands in the way of our customers’ connections with their devices. If you join us, you’ll help build world-renowned wireless systems so seamless that they almost feel like magic. Join the "Wireless Technology and Eco-system (WTE)” organization, be part of a world-class team of engineers; working with cross functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. Apple’s Wireless Software Architecture team is seeking talented, highly motivated and self-directed engineers to work across layers on cutting edge wireless technologies. The position involves developing core wireless technologies that solves everyday problems for customers using iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines.
- At least 5 years hands on experience in Software development/system engineering
- Development experiences with real-time operating systems
- Proven experience in writing software for multi-threaded environments
- Strong Software Engineering skills including Design, Programming in C, C++ or Objective C and Debugging
- Working experience with Open source Software is a plus
- Experience in developing frameworks and APIs is a plus
- Knowledge of IOT protocols such as IEEE 802.15.4, Bluetooth, Zigbee or Thread Mesh is a plus.
- Home automation experience is a plus (Bluetooth, Zigbee, z-Wave, Thread Mesh)
- Proven track record of project deliverables from concept to commercialization
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive with a focus on solving everyday problems in innovative ways
- Attention to the smallest details that are meaningful to customers
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Working as a part of an extraordinary development team, we are searching for a highly motivated software developer. In this position, you will have the opportunity to develop exciting features for Apple’s next generation products. You work will involve wireless software and protocol development around IEEE 802.15.4 and Thread Mesh technology development in the space of Home Automation. Your contributions will make a clear difference towards future Apple products.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, or equivalent majors.