Wireless Stability Engineer, Cellular
San Diego, California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a fearless thinker? Do you love the challenge of advancing a widely accepted technology? In the Wireless Software group, you’ll be responsible for bringing groundbreaking wireless connectivity to the world through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and more. You’ll design, develop, and patent the next generation of our state-of-the art connectivity technologies. You’ll collaborate across departments to help craft wireless solutions that elevate the customer experience with Apple products and services. Our goal is to ensure nothing stands in the way of our customers’ connections with their devices. If you join us, you’ll help build world-renowned wireless systems so seamless that they almost feel like magic. We are looking for a highly technical Wireless Stability Engineer, Cellular with excellent problem solving and automation skills! You will join a diverse team responsible for qualifying the wireless features and software for the latest iPhones/iPads and Apple Watch product lines. You will complete both documented and ad hoc testing to ensure the highest quality releases.
- Hands-on experience with testing cellular technologies such as 5G NR FR1 and mmW, LTE, IMS etc.
- Deep understanding of Cellular Protocol stack, SQA methodologies & practices
- Experience in developing test strategies, test plans and executing it with automation or manual testing is critical
- Automation experience and knowledge of modern scripting or compiled languages (Python, Obj-C, Swift)
- Outstanding communication skills vital to collaborate with multi-functional teams
- An analytical, methodical, and creative problem solver committed to driving quality forward
In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing system overall stability tests on Apple products. You will be hands-on, relying upon diagnostics, analytics, lab/field experimentations to exploit the opportunities for improvement. You will work with platform architecture, standardization, firmware/protocol development, system test & carrier engineering teams to drive improvement proposals and baseband optimizations.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical engineering, or equivalent.