Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. AppleCare is the service division in Apple where we provide the after sales service, repair and support to our customers. Our mission is to innovate and execute world-class service supply chain that deliver the right part to the right time, at competitive cost to service our customers. AppleCare Service is looking for a detail oriented, motivated, self-driven individual with a strong background in planning and purchasing parts in high-mix-high-volume environment. You will own the supply, planning, procurement and overall performance of one or more product line for AppleCare. You will act as a focal point in communication and will execute product demand and supply plans to meet AppleCare’s overall goals.
- More than 5 yrs of experience in supply /demand planning, supplier and purchase order management and knowledge of ERP/SAP planning solution is crucial.
- The candidate must combine a working knowledge of world-class supply chain practices, strong analytical capabilities, strong leadership skills, and business savvy.
- Effective in communication, influencing, and negotiation in a matrix organization including one-on-one, small and large groups, and with peers and executives.
- Ability to both think strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to details, and a high level of comfort in working with numbers.
- Experience in dealing with cross-functional collaboration to achieve outstanding customers service in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Consistent track record in delivering on operational KPI’s while leading projects sand initiatives. Sense of priority and urgency to meet deadlines from different partners,
- High proficiency in Excel and have ability to learn technical applications quickly.
- Experience in Reporting tools such as Business Objects, Tableau or similar is a plus.
Execute the supply plan and procure the products or commodities assigned. Optimize planning process, execute weekly plans to minimize future gaps by reviewing new buy and repair plan recommend by the planning system. Keeping planning system master data up to date and initiate Engineering Change request based on material life cycle. Responsible for key performance metrics such as backlog, fill rate, inventory turn, purchase orders price variance and past due delivery management. Analyze forecasted demand, inventory, develop weekly supply plans that meet customer demands. Results should meet AppleCare’s target of fill rate, while minimizing total inventory cost Analyze and resolve product backlogs, fill rates on a daily basis. Identify problem areas, and drive appropriate functional groups to correct. Manage procurement and repair activities including setting up repair supply chain , execute, expedite the repair purchase orders, streamlining repair cycle, working with supplier manager to ensure supply plans meets requirements. Resolve shipping and receiving issue , invoice variance , payment issues and manage purchase orders reconciliation with the suppliers. Identify opportunities for system enhancement and work with key business stakeholders and IT to implement continuous system improvements.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience, MBA preferred.