Senior CVML Engineer
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Software and Services
We are searching for a senior engineer with a real passion for researching and advancing computer vision and machine learning to solve real product problems. In this deeply technical team of computer vision and machine learning, you will have the chance to create and implement new machine learning algorithms for Apple’s future products. In this role, you will design new models and algorithms, and have the opportunity to contribute to Apple future products that will delight millions of people. We are expecting you to be highly results-oriented and always think out of the box to solve challenging problems. You should have great passion to develop and perform research to advance state-of-the-art in AI and solve challenging technical real world problems in Apple.
- 5+ years of industry career with significant experience on delivering products using state-of-the-art computer vision, machine learning and robotics technologies
- Strong academic and publication record in top tier journals or conferences (e.g. CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR)
- Solid foundation in computer vision with proven records of products and publications; key areas of interest object detection, tracking and recognition; multiple view geometry, 3D computer vision and SfM/SLAM; activity recognition
- Deep understanding of machine learning technology and experience on turning machine learning technologies into practical, state-of-the-art systems and delivering these in products
- Expert knowledge and experience with developing algorithms that must run efficiently on resource constrained platforms
- Experience and background about 3D imaging, especially time-of-flight imaging
- 5+ years of experience in C/C++, Python and system building
- Passion on cutting edge computer vision/machine learning technologies and product delivery
- Self motivated
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills. Experience in presenting technical materials to a broad audience in conferences and meetings.
The position requires significant machine learning and computer vision algorithms experience as well as strong understanding of hardware and passion about product development. The main tasks associated to this position range from algorithm development, design and implementation, to integration, optimization and benchmarking with an emphasis on performance and power. In this position, you will work closely with similar minds in a unique development team to build our stack of state of the art machine learning and computer vision algorithms.
Education & Experience
PhD in computer vision, robotics or machine learning and minimum 5 years of industry experience with a focus on computer vision, machine learning and robotics technologies.