Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Responsible for developing and implementing high quality standards for state of the art product designs in a cosmetically demanding, high volume environment. May direct the activities of other engineers and technicians on specific tasks. Periodic travel required.
- Requirements -BSME/IE required (MS a plus) with 5+ years of experience in a SQE role supporting high volume manufacturing.
- - Experience developing quality plans, leading supplier quality audits, and driving corrective actions and failure analysis efforts required.
- - Must have working knowledge of quality and reliability concepts, supplier management, and general manufacturing operations and GDT
- - Project management experience and a solid understanding of DFx and DOE principles preferred.
- Apply solid understanding of quality control and manufacturing concepts to provide assistance to develop specific Product Quality Plan (PQP) appropriate to program and commodity. - Coordinate all Quality Engineering functions for a program, serving as project manager to lead efforts at supplier locations. - Actively participate in the program planning and monitoring process assuming responsibility for key work at all breakthroughs. - Provide technical direction and mentorship to other Quality Engineers supporting the implementation of the PQP. - Collaborate with different internal and external groups to ensure proper definition of quality expectations and appropriate assurance techniques are used for the product. - Assist to assess measurability and creatively address concerns directly with stakeholders. Identify and direct studies to implement improvements in measuring method where appropriate. - Assist to establish audit procedures appropriate to program and supplier to ensure consistency to Apple quality standards. - Implement FAI and Cp/Cpk reviews of mechanical parts. Supplier Quality Management - Assists supplier selection process for new products and second sourcing activities supporting qualification/disqualification decisions. - Assess supplier production control and quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, and directly secure agreement to correct. - Review PQP with supplier and other Apple functional groups to optimize supplier quality programs. - Assists to evaluate supplier readiness and consistency to PQP at all development and qualification stages. - Monitor each supplier & apposes performance through measurement of production line statistics, company inspections, and audits. Prepare summary of performance and communicate to appropriate management to ensure effective corrective action plans can be promptly executed. - Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details.