Site Reliability Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
Apple Information Security is responsible for protecting Apple’s data in transit and at rest. Apple employees and partners are always moving information from one system to another, or storing it on a server or device. Our job is to make sure Apple's information doesn't fall into the wrong hands. We are building a world-class team of security practitioners in Shanghai. This is a rare opportunity to be involved in something new from the beginning. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with multi-functional partners both internal and external to Apple. Among the groundbreaking services you will have the opportunity to focus on is iCloud in China. We are looking for self-motivated individuals with an intuition for security who are not afraid to question assumptions. The ability to be results-driven, comfortable with dynamic requirements, and effective communicating cross-culturally are keys to success in this position. Show us your talent in this challenging, fun, and exciting environment. It’s what makes us Apple.
- Strong communication skills
- Highly collaborative with a high standard of ethics
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and manage parallel activities
- Knowledge of computer networks and common protocols (for example TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, FTP, SSH, SSL/TLS, HTTP)
- Expertise with Linux
- Expertise building and using log aggregation and distributed monitoring tools (for example Splunk, Elastic Stack)
- Proficiency in English language
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, equivalent degree, or relevant work experience in information technology or related field within the last 10 years.