Data Center Site Security Manager - WLCB
Wulanchabu, Inner Mongolia, China
Do you instinctively know how and when to take action? Do you love performing under intense pressure? As part of our Global Security team, you’ll help manage the security needs of Apple’s most valuable assets, our people and innovations. You’ll be part of an important group that protects Apple employees and their work around the world. Your effort will help create solutions to a variety of unique security challenges, ranging from the physical security of Apple data centers to the protection of our technology. Join us, and you’ll play a meaningful role in ensuring the highest standard of security for one of the most-watched companies in the world. The Data Center Site Security Manager is a high-profile position in the day-to-day operations at Apple. The Manager is the primary Global Security (GS) point of contact for Apple’s business units, facilities, contract guard service and other vendors in Guiyang. The ideal candidate will have leadership experience, a solid command of English and Mandarin (written/spoken) in order to manage the right market in either of these locations.
- You will need to demonstrate strong interpersonal, security, and organizational skills; and be an enthusiastic leader who drives security services among diverse groups. Customer service is a key element to this position. The Manager will be based in either Guiyang and may travel 20-30% of the time to cover Apple’s facilities and offices in other locations as well. You will be responsible for the daily security operations, and contract guarding services. You will also work with Apple’s business units, and facilities group to plan and execute security for facility projects.
- Prior security program management background preferred
- Experience with security technologies including video surveillance, access control, incident management systems and security operations center (SOC)
- Ability to conduct training in all areas associated with the SOC, access control and crisis management
- Ability to conduct internal audits and other quality assurance activities
- Ability to resolve with expert training issues or problematic trends identified during the QA process
- Strong interpersonal skills required to establish and maintain positive relationships with other Apple employees throughout the world; international experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, English and Mandarin (written/spoken)
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships among several groups and deliver the highest level of satisfaction to internal customers
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Handle on-call responsibilities
Work closely with stakeholders to improve security operations using the best business practices in risk management, physical security, and security management. Perform security audits, review procedures, and constantly evaluate facility activity and operations for security weaknesses that might reduce the data center's overall security posture. Manage the daily security operations, including management of the contracted security guarding deployment. Develop, implement, and maintain site-specific security procedures. Analyze calls- for-service and incident data to better manage security operations. Prepare and maintain security records for the site and complete routine statistical reports. Prepare operations orders as they relate to special events at the site. Assist in (and in some cases lead) security incident investigations in conjunction with the stakeholders. Work with local public safety (law enforcement, fire, other government agencies). Work closely with site management on day-to-day safety and security issues. Coordinate with human resources, employee relations, and legal personnel on security-related issues involving employees and third parties. Build relationships with business unit representatives, facilities personnel, contracted guards, and other vendors to understand the environment and special security needs at the data center and for each business group. Review and approve all security requests for short-term and non-recurring assignments. Ensure correct scheduling and quality work performance by the contract guard service. Frequently assess the contract guard service by onsite review, and feedback from facilities and the business units to deliver outstanding service on each project. Respond to and, in conjunction with the contract guard service, provide the proper response to emergency situations. Survey and recommend security improvements to each assigned business unit Create summaries, narratives and statistical reports
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree, plus two years of relevant experience or five years of relevant security experience, with demonstrated organizational and leadership success ASIS International CPP or PSP certification is preferred
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.