Senior Software Engineer - Strategic Data Solutions
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Do you want to be part of a team critical to the success of Apple? Are you a software engineer who is passionate for building solutions using ground breaking technologies? Do you excel under pressure? Can you summarize highly complex problems so that others can help you tackle them? Do you have rock solid integrity? Does everyone turn to you for answers to tough questions? Do you like collecting evidence to base your decisions off of, but can use your gut, intuition and experience to make quick decisions when necessary? If you smile while reading this text, we're looking for you!
- Experience crafting and optimizing high-velocity, near real time, messaging systems.
- In-depth development experience with Java/Scala and Spring framework.
- Strong object-oriented and functional programming and design skills.
- Proven understanding of design and development of large scale, high efficiency and low latency applications.
- Excellent problem solving and programming skills.
- Proven technical leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with and coordinate efforts between external groups both within and outside of Apple.
- Hands-on experience with design and development in Big Data, NoSQL and related technologies a plus (Hadoop, HDFS, HBase, Hive, Elastic Search, Spark, Kafka, Druid, etc).
- Experience with IoT architecture and standards a bonus.
Shape the next generation of Manufacturing solutions by working on bleeding-edge technologies and collaborate with hardworking people for the SDS Engineering team. We are looking for passionate engineers to help bring our environment to the next level. Be a member of the team that is responsible for the data collection and reporting for all of Apple’s products around the world. You will build systems that every iPhone, iPad and Mac have interacted with. Apple’s engineering and operations teams will utilize your systems to build the next insanely great product. As a member of a multi-functional team, you'll have the opportunity to solve challenging engineering problems across a broad range of Apple manufacturing services, with collaboration with talented coworkers. You will be leading innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing data centric technologies for the platform. You will work extensively with teams from both within Apple as well as with our external manufacturing partners.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science preferred, equivalent work experience will be considered.