Technical Program Manager
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Operations and Supply Chain
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here! We have an opportunity for a Technical Program Manager. The Technical Program Manager works in conjunction with the New Production Introduction group as well as a multi-functional team of Design, Supplier Quality, Test, Service and Engineering Program Engineers to ensure that top quality products and services and drive perfection into what we do. In this highly visible technical lead role, you will be the resident factory authority in manufacturing process, yields & UPH/OEE and overall factory readiness for mass production. Your outstanding ability to combine knowledge of Optics module, projector module manufacturing with mechanics and manufacturing process / process controls / Automation and deliver results on a tight timeline is a requirement. We invite you to join us on this journey and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- 7+ years of Technical position in high tech industry, solid understanding of operations, manufacturing and quality, has sense of urgency, strong problem solver, strong communicator;
- Experience and knowledge of manufacturing and production systems (SFC, MES, PLM) and statistical analysis tools such as JMP, SPC, Minitab, SAS, Matlab);
- Experience in managing equipment suppliers. Drive equipment related issues to timely closure;
- Meaningful experience/background in introducing opto-mechanical modules into manufacturing, and/or high volume production working with international teams;
- Clean room experience a plus;
- Desire and ability for problem solving and debugging;
- Ability to work with a wide range of people with varying degrees of experience;
- Excellent project management skills Program / Project Management experience preferred;
- Strong organizational, documentation and presentation/communication skills.
Provide total ownership of the factory output, yield, quality and readiness to ramp volume Work with suppliers and internal cross-functional teams, Provide leadership and drive yield, efficiency, and other production matrices to target; operational excellence in bringing-up scalable and sustainable mass-production process. Analyze data from factory, customer, field, etc, develop action plan and quality decision based on the data. Track CM performance through objective measurement systems as well as audits and on line verification. Implement communication plan, providing summary and corrective action plans through life cycle of products. Maintain open MIL and work towards closure prior to mass production start Executive level status reports on a weekly cadence. Call out key concerns and options timely for resolutions to senior management.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering