SME - PVD
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- MS/PhD in Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or equivalent
- 5+ year experience or training in thin film manufacturing or design. Experience in one or more of following process technologies is must: PVD, CVD or dry etching. Materials development experience is a plus.
- Experience or skill in one of optical simulation software: macleod, TFCALC etc.
- Experience or knowledge in pre-treatment process, ink printing is a strong plus.
- Experience leading process development in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the selection, set-up, and validation of manufacturing equipment.
- Ability to program-manage across multiple projects, vendors and resources.
- Ability to present technical analysis of manufacturing capability to diverse cross-functional team.
- Strong abilities and background in materials characterization (understanding of analytical tools such as SEM / TEM / EDX / FTIR / XPS etc. desirable).
- Verbal and written English proficiency.
Participate on a team tasked with developing and implementing processes that create cosmetic and protective finishes for Apple’s cutting edge enclosure designs Investigate new materials and manufacturing methods used to coat a variety surfaces across multiple product lines. Engage coating and ink suppliers to lead investigations and identify improvements in manufacturing process and material selection. Lead cosmetic and functional characterization activities to define specifications with Product Design team. Lead development of ink and coating control plans and work instructions at supplier locations. Provide structured problem solving support, organize and prioritize investigations, and drive implementation; analyze failure root cause and implement closed-loop corrective actions to ensure timely closure of quality issues. Understand reliability testing requirements and drive production to meet specifications. Understand relationship between formulation, mixing, coating, curing processes and product performance. Leverage this understanding to troubleshoot production problems. Conduct yield gap studies and develop/implement plans to close. Optimize equipment and fixtures to drive process capability. Work with Global Supply Managers to develop measurement technologies feasibility and viability to mitigate commercial and ramp risk. Proactively support identification / selection / qualification of new coatings and ink suppliers globally to enhance supply and technical capability of our supply chain.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Chemical Engineering or Materials Science.