Display Silicon and Firmware Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In region silicon architecture support at silicon vendors, system factory, and panel vendors including support for performance tuning, firmware validation, silicon validation, and troubleshooting contributing to the development of new display technology and architecture.
- 5+ years of experience in hardware, firmware, semiconductor design or applications
- Experience compiling, building, and releasing embedded firmware
- Experience with firmware development in C, writing new code or making modifications to existing firmware
- Experience using test equipment including oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers to validate and analyze hardware and silicon issues
- Experience writing scripts in Python for test and build automation
- Experience and skill in isolating system issues to hardware, firmware, or software
- Excellent communications and presentation skills to present issues and solutions to larger team
- Display, MacOS, DisplayPort experience is helpful but not required.
- Participate in display firmware QA process and perform regression testing to help ensure quality firmware is released to factory - Work on-site at factory and with silicon vendors on critical issues related to silicon and firmware performance and reliability - Ensure that silicon is working as intended in target applications performing key measurements and analyzing data - Facilitate deployment of workarounds and programming updates in factory settings to resolve silicon related issues - Support internal engineering and manufacturing partners to debug and resolve system level issues related to silicon performance - Implement test scripts to test new product features or to support factory in bringing up new display hardware - Define and implement firmware APIs - Participate in firmware code reviews and hardware design reviews and provide guidance on design for testability - Automate firmware regression testing
Education & Experience
- BSEE required, MSEE strongly preferred