CapEx Operations Program Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, you will help us leave the world better than we found it. This position is based in China for leading on-site Capital Equipment program management functions at a designated contract manufacturing site. Working cross-functionally in a team environment, you will lead execution of program plans for both new and sustaining programs. You will act as on-site leader to resolve all critical issues from contract manufacturers with regards to equipment readiness, to drive closure, and to escalate issues as necessary to Cupertino in timely manner when the project team is off track. You will plan, develop, and execute the capital equipments deployment at CM sites to support manufacturing by working with cross functional teams in US and China. You will be expected to show leadership in driving asset life cycle management. This role will regularly interact with executives and peers in other product lines in region as well as leaders in contract manufacturer management team.
- - Experience in other complex capital equipment such as military, aerospace, automotive, large agricultural machinery, etc.
- - 5+ years of functional and program management experience required in a matrix environment, across multiple sites through the entire asset lifecycle (Concept/Approval/Deployment/Transfer/Scrap).
- - Experience in managing capital equipment repair and scrap processes preferable
- - Proficiency using Excel and presentation software
- - Ability to resolve conflict and drive compromise.
- - Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- - PMP certification desirable. Demonstration of equivalent knowledge is required if not certified.
- - Experience working with contract manufacturers
- - Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills. Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- - Ability to deal with rapid development cycles & remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- - Detailed knowledge of product development processes as well as a strong understanding of manufacturing processes
- - Willingness to travel internationally up to 30%
- - Self starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details, result driven oriented.
- Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall program objectives - Lead cross-functional communication between internal Apple team and contract manufacturer organization - Facilitate good communication and collaboration across engineering functions, operations, and vendors - Create and maintain project schedules. Provide timely issue resolution and critical path activities - Offer multiple levels of status updates across a wide spectrum of individual projects to executive management. - Review capital equipment consumable spend by CM and collaborate with GSM to minimize waste. - Drive CM teams for capital equipment transfers across sites by coordinating with Apple Asset Recovery team to maintain high traceability and usability of Apple’s assets to execute efficiency in equipment repair process to minimize downtime, spares and repair TAT to ensure on-site vendor support is adequate to support production
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline with at least 5 years of project management experience that involves coordination of multiple concurrent projects and suppliers.