Hardware Reliability Test Engineer (Shock and Vibe)
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Come join a dedicated team who is committed to making Apple's products more durable. We work in a highly collaborative lab environment, balancing several projects and deadlines simultaneously. You will review test plans, execute reliability testing, capture data, and share your analysis with Apple's reliability engineers. You will support building the lab’s testing capabilities, outlining the testing methods, and focusing on the small details to make day-to- day activities run efficiently. Your success will allow us to identify and accurate design issues quickly.
- Proven track record to conduct tests in a laboratory setting
- Capable of processing and summarizing data
- Hands-on experience with shock, vibration, digital image correlation (DIC), and high-speed video equipment
- Hands-on experience with accelerometers, strain gauges and load cells
- Knowledge of industry test standards from JEDEC, ASTM, and ISO
- Experience in Damage Boundary and Laser Doppler Vibrometer is a plus
- Excellent Mandarin and English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively lead multiple projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines
- Dynamic and “can-do” attitude with a passion to deliver groundbreaking technologies and an outstanding customer experience
- Ability to drive decisions and problem solve in an unattended manner
- Willing and able to travel freely among Asian nations
In this role, you will collaborate with multiple Apple engineers while operating a variety of shock, vibration and optical characterization test equipment. Use resourcefulness and creativity to locate sensors in the most challenging situations without affecting the integrity of the device under test and collect data of the highest quality. Interpret test data from various sensor types (accelerometers, strain gauges, load cells, etc.). Provide feedback to multi-functional teams on what the data means and ways to attenuate resonances identified. Additionally report lab equipment utilization, actively track test samples, and work with a third party vendor to setup, calibrate, and lead all aspects of the maintenance of test equipment in the lab.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering or Physics. Experience in consumer electronics development strongly preferred.