Enterprise Services Technical Support Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Support and Service
Works in the AppleCare Enterprise Services (ACES) Technical Support group as a senior technical contact providing advanced technical assistance via telephone, e-mail, and remote support tools to ACES Enterprise customers deploying solutions based on Apple products. This role requires you to work between the hours of 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM SGT, and be available as needed 7 days a week.
- Ability to gather information and solve complex problems
- Experience with integrating, supporting and troubleshooting Apple products in complex environments
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft and UNIX operating systems and directory services
- Experience using client and device management tools such as Mobile Device Management software
- Knowledge of UNIX command-line, scripting, backup/restore operations, network, storage troubleshooting a plus
- Excellent Enterprise level customer-facing interface skills
- Willingness to work with team members asking and answering questions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience
- Normally requires previous senior-level department server administration experience
He or She provides solutions to technical problems for system administrators deploying, managing, and integrating Apple products with third party products and server platforms, or networks. Assists in the creation and maintenance of technical resource documents and other operational duties within the department. Works with customers to address post-sales technical customer support issues. Creates and tracks technical escalations retaining customer issue ownership in order to provide timely follow up with customer as required. Researches order and repair status for customers. Reviews warranty claims. Works with many cross functional groups including Apple Sales, Product Engineering, Product Marketing, and service groups within Apple, to champion and resolve customer issues. Responsible for effectively positioning Apple's support products and technical solutions. Follows established procedures. He or She will be a strong advocate for customer satisfaction. Have excellent general knowledge of networking and server administration, with strong technical foundation in troubleshooting theory and aptitude.
Education & Experience
Normally requires AA/AS degree or higher plus 1-2 years of experience in a customer service/support environment, or equivalent experience. Mandarin Language support English proficiency (written and verbal) is required.
- · Strong self-motivation
- · Research, investigate and provide high quality responses to technical enquires
- · Maintains an on-going expert knowledge of diverse technologies
- · Flexibility to take on additional roles and responsibilities as they develop
- · Troubleshooting MacOS, MacOS Server, iOS, Airport, iApps, OS X Server, RAID, Xsan, and iOS devices
- · Arrange repairs for multiple product types
- · Maintain knowledge of special contracts and procedures for high volume schools
- · Able and willing to take on new roles, assignments and responsibilities as needed
- · Occasional (scheduled) domestic and international travel, after-hours, weekend, and on call duty rotation
- The ideal candidate will have maintained above average attendance and phone metrics in the most recently held support position. He or She will be a strong advocate for customer satisfaction. Have excellent general knowledge of networking and server administration, with strong technical foundation in troubleshooting theory and aptitude. Solid experience with MacOS X Server, iOS, Windows, or Unix, administration is strongly desired.