Embedded Software Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This position is offered in Apple's System QA department within Product Integrity organization. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In the Core Operating Systems group ensuring the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. The CoreOS China team within Apple's CoreOS organization is looking for an extraordinary software engineer to work on state-of-the art technology, debug, and bring-up of next generation iOS devices. We work on a core technology for Apple. In this role you will make a major impact in the way that Apple develops and ships iOS based products. Our working environment fosters product innovation, rapid product iteration, and a liberating amount of autonomy.
- Have at least 3 years' work experience in
- Highly proficient in C/C++, and object oriented programming
- Rich experience of programming on cryptography
- Profound understanding on Operating System concept
- Highly self-motivated and capable of work and finish tasks alone
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in both oral and written English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; excellent judgment; a self-directed, proactive approach to tackling problems and working through impediment and an ability to generate trust and build alliances with co-workers.
You will work with Hardware, Systems and other multi-functional teams and deliver high quality software at fundamental layer of operating system including frameworks, daemons, drivers. You need to keep security and performance in mind, enable key features to improve privacy and prevent fraudulence The position requires high level thinking to design code solutions along with low level programming and excellent communications and leadership skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Working on this technology you will have the opportunity to implement and quality of Apple's next generation products.
Education & Experience
Master’s (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field.
- - Experience of coding on bootloader, security framework, etc
- - Experience of coding on server client mode software with enhanced security
- - Experience with platform bring-up or porting of operating systems
- - Proven creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills