Acoustic Offline Test Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
At Apple, new ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. Sound is an essential and compelling facet of the customer experience - Apple has assembled a world-class Acoustics team that enables our customers to experience music with delight, communicate with clarity and appreciate our products without disturbance from noise. In Apple Acoustics we work with obsessive attention to detail, directly contributing to products that ship to millions of people around the world. Our test tools team team develops and deploys new acoustic test methods for all the newest Apple products. We enable the delivery of the outstanding audio quality our customers expect from Apple.
- 3+ years overall experience in Acoustics design and/or testing of consumer products.
- Understanding of acoustic fundamentals and knowledge of audio signal processing.
- Ability to manage parallel projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Proficiency in failure analysis (both hands-on and analyzing data).
- Skilled in acoustic test equipment setup and testing e.g. Soundcheck or Audio Precision.
- Able to interpret acoustic component specs.
- Familiarity with some form of scripting (Bash, Matlab, Python ).
- Familiarity with statistical analysis using JMP OR MINITAB.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Excellent collaborative skills, ability to collaborate cross-functionally e.g. with ME, EE, RF teams.
You will responsible for preparation and deployment of acoustic HW tests in labs across multiple sites in the region. In this work you will work closely with team colleagues in China and the US as well as other Apple teams, like Electronics Engineering, Systems Engineering, Hardware Testing, Factory Manufacturing and Operations. As part of our team you will help develop acoustic test equipment HW and SW for use with new products of all categories. The environment is dynamic, fast-paced and requires a go-getter approach. Your ability to analyze and gain insight through testing will be a key asset. The international travel requirement is 5-15% (flexible and product dependent).
Education & Experience
Most of our engineers have advanced degrees in Electrical/Acoustic/Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent field, but if you’ve followed a different path to expertise in Acoustics Engineering, we still want to hear from you.