Product Quality Engineer - Mac
Nanshan, Guangdong, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In the position, you will be a key role to support ongoing quality improvement. You will partner with the suppliers to ensure high quality of the product. You will be responsible for developing and implementing standards for all aspects of product quality during development & Mass Production.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 Years experience in Manufacturing Environment.
- Demonstrated technical skills including experience and understanding of Assembly, Test and Pack-out processes.
- In depth knowledge in quality methodologies with command of tools including statistical analysis, DOE, FMEA etc.
- Highly motivated and ability to drive closure of issues across cultures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to concisely understand and communicate issues and lead a team to solution are required.
- Ability to multi-task, balancing daily activities with project related activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Person with high passion and energy.
- Experience of working in consumer goods industry where cosmetic quality is as critical as functionality.
- Experience of display or display integration manufacturing/ quality management.
- Experience of managing manufacturing process of manual assembly, semi-auto and auto assembly.
- Knowledge of shop floor control is a plus.
-Focus on a few specific products made by Apple’s manufacturing partners in China. -The person will need to develop a close working relationship with our manufacturing partners. -Interface and coordinate work activities between Quality and other team members. -Uses production and field data to monitor, control and improve product quality to improve the yield and reduce the field return rate. -Execute the Product Quality plans for new products at the manufacturing partners and manage the product quality at the sites. -Perform Audits at the manufacturing partners to ensure compliance. -Ensure lessons learned from prior projects are used to improve the quality management process, and lead to improved product quality and reliability. -Be responsible for implementing quality systems and following through on improvements and corrective actions.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master of Engineering majored in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Automation