HR & Benefits Operations Specialist
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join our People Teams and help support extraordinary talents who make extraordinary products. The Benefits Administration Team is one of these teams, and is in charge of all operations linked to the Benefits and Leaves offered to the Apple employees. From day to day administration to strategic large scale projects to serve our employees better, our role is part of the Employee Experience. The role of the Benefits Operations Specialist is generalist and requires agility and versatility in various HR areas.
- EXPERIENCE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Minimum 3 years of varied experiences (HR/Benefits/Payroll/Others…), preferably in an international environment,
- Excellent command of Excel (Vlook up, Pivot…),
- Able to lead small projects from beginning to end and engage partners,
- Very good command of English (ability to make presentations in front of international stakeholders, write processes and guidebooks) and Mandarin.
- Experience in HR/Benefits/Payroll operations for Greater China, South Asia, Australia, Japan (or other country) a valuable plus,
- Additional Asian language a plus (Cantonese, Thai, Japanese, Vietnamese… and others),
- Experience with an HRIS system (Workday, Oracle, SAP, etc) a plus,
- Experience with a CRM ticket system a plus,
- Knowledge of employment/ labour laws and employee benefit related regulations, and market trends in terms of benefit offerings a plus
- SOFT SKILLS
- Putting the Employee Experience at the forefront of everything we do,
- Excellent organisation, prioritisation and multitasking skills,
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills,
- Creativity, Innovation and Constant improvement : outline pain points, proactively suggest and implement new ideas,
- Ability to use good judgment and make decisions,
- Discretion and ability to manipulate highly confidential data,
- Curiosity and constant desire to learn and expand knowledge,
- Amazing interpersonal skills, energetic and able to work with different cultures,
- Attention to detail and precision,
- Structured and methodic,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adaptable and fast learner,
- Self-driven, independent and autonomous (able to work with limited instructions, remote management),
- Ability to deal with ambiguity/unclarity,
- Technology savvy.
Within a centralised team serving all the APAC countries : Day to Day HR Operations - Execute all operations regarding Apple Benefits, including but not limited to : Medical Schemes, Pension Fund, Life Insurance, New Parents & Childcare Benefits, Housing Schemes… ( new hires, terminations, changes, claims, reporting, reconciliations…) - Leaves administration : entries, mass adjustments, audits, troubleshooting, simple config changes - Reporting - Day to day relationships with vendors and establish ways of working with them Write and maintain desktop procedures, - Propose changes to current practices to improve efficiency, employee experience and compliance - Partner with varied teams to execute operations and change processes (People Support, Payroll…), - Partner with relevant teams to update internal communication tools (People Site, Hello…), Record tasks, activities and resolutions in our HR CRM, Support mass recruitments/acquisitions/special projects for operations linked to Benefits & Leaves - Deputise for other Benefits Admin Team members / Act as temporary back-up, Join Benefits/People/Apple University presentations (New Employees, Baby Forums…), - Join presentations to introduce the activities of our team. Subject-Matter Expert for Benefits & Leaves - Act as a Benefits & Leaves expert to resolve advanced questions/unusual situations escalated by People Support, - Work with the Benefits Managers to propose adequate solutions, - Educate other partners about Benefits & Leaves (People Support, Other HR Teams, Store Managers…), - Use expertise to build new processes, review employee information through different channels, - Partner with relevant teams ((Payroll, HR Legal, Compliance…) and proactively make constant research to enrich our knowledge base with the most recent information. Projects - Support the Benefits Managers in launching new offerings, propose adequate new operation solutions, - Expand the activity of our team to other countries not yet supported, and propose adequate solutions, - Lead mini projects to improve, streamline, scale and digitalise our processes and operations, - Join or lead other projects involving Apple Benefits & Leaves.
Education & Experience
Bachelor (or higher) degree in Business/HR/Finance/Economics, or any related discipline