Legal Counsel, Content & Internet Services, Greater China
Beijing, Beijing, China
This position will provide legal support and advice with respect to Apple’s services, including App Store, Apple Music and iCloud, in Greater China.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of relevant law firm and/or in-house experience, working closely with clients on regulatory and commercial matters organisation
- Experience working with Chinese regulators such as NPPA, NRTA, CAC, MIIT, MOFCOM, SAFE and other technology and/or content-related regulators a strong plus
- Experience advising US-based company on Chinese legal, regulatory, and business expansion issues. Time spent working in-house for a US company a plus.
- Strong work ethic and collaborative skills
- Fluent Mandarin and English required
- Ability to distil complex issues and business structures down to concise summaries, and render practical, business-focused advice
- Comfort handling multiple projects on competing timelines
- Passion for digital media
- Relationship building skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Self-motivated and solution driven
- Motivated to work in a truly international environment
The preferred candidate will have experience advising clients at multiple levels of management on commercial and regulatory risks and hurdles, particularly in the high-tech content and software spaces. The candidate will have experience negotiating innovative positions with regulators in China on behalf of a foreign company, ability to work under minimal supervision, and a detailed understanding of the risks presented to foreign companies by distribution of a variety of types of software and/or media. The role will require demonstration of outstanding judgment of the appropriate balance between risk, regulatory security and business need, and the candidate will need to be able to establish and hold the trust of their colleagues both in China and internationally.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Law from a PRC law school, preferably with overseas legal education PRC Bar a must