Product Design Engineer
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. The primary objective for the Mechanical Design Engineer is to successfully design and develop new consumer electronics products. As part of this effort, Mechanical Design Engineers need to be innovative and collaborative with experience in designing, developing, patenting, testing, and documenting new designs. These engineers must have a strong track record of project completion. Another critical task in this role is research; you will be given the opportunity to develop proprietary mechanical/electromechanical designs, algorithms or circuitry needed to enhance the functionality of our products. Maintaining good research practices and being aligned with internal SOPs governing the research and the development of technologies, testing programs, Document Control, and Quality Assurance functions, will be essential for overall growth and success in this role.
- 7+experience in product design (preferably consumer electronic products i.e. Handheld/portable device)
- Experience with audio product(Headphone, earphone speaker, etc.)
- Basic engineering skill: Tolerance analysis, GD&T, Design for manufacturing(DFM), Design for Assembly(DFA), Design for Reliability(DFR)
- Advanced understanding and design knowledge of materials and material properties for consumer electronics products, including plastics, metals, silicone , cable , foam, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of CAD software, including Pro/Engineer or NX (UG)
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques.
- Excellent communication, organizational and management skills
- Good English verbal and written communication
- FEA capability will be a plus
- Willingness to travel upwards 40%+/Year
- Participate in the mechanical design and development of Beat’s consumer electronics products; - Perform 3D/2D design work as required; - Frequency travel to supplier site in support of mechanical engineer efforts or other department objectives as needed; - Lead mechanical R&D for new applications; - Participate in all engineering phase building and lead the solve &DOE for critical items such as mechanical & functionality &cosmetic issue; - Support product builds, launches and production as needed; - Failed analyze and solution provided for Mechanical related reliability testing ; - Create documentation for new and existing products.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Masters preferred