Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Apple is looking for a highly hardworking individual preferably in Shenzhen or Shanghai, China with prior EMC design/test/debug and simulation experience. We expect you to work alongside EMC engineers at US headquarters to design and implement EMC solutions on Apple products. The candidate will also act as a liaison with Asia based contract manufacturers, vendors and third party test labs to implement the best design practices and follow the highest quality test procedures. The candidate must have detailed understanding of EMC design, testing of ITE products and must be highly skilled in EMC/ESD debug techniques.
- Prior experience and/or education in EMC, ESD, RF/antenna and/or signal integrity fields
- Proficient in schematic and layout reviews of printed circuit boards (PCBs) for emissions control and immunity improvement
- Ability to perform CAD reviews of enclosures, connectors, and cables for EMC compliance
- Detailed understanding of worldwide EMC regulations, standards and test methods
- Experience in preparation and execution of test plans and preparation of test reports
- Hands-on experience with emissions test equipment/chambers and immunity test equipment
- Proven track record in fixing electrical and mechanical root-causes of EMC/ESD issues
- Proficiency in reviewing and analyzing data from DOEs and presenting data to peers and management
- Ability to simultaneously collaborate with individuals from multiple contract manufacturers on defining factory test plans, training and data collection
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and proficiency in English language
- Must be highly motivated and must have excellent organizational skills
- Experiences in ISO 17025 accredited lab is a plus
- Frequent travel to contract manufacturer facilities, vendors in China and US headquarters is required. Flexible working hours is a must.
In this role you will be part of Apple centralized EMC design team. You will work as part of a multi-functional team and be responsible for design, implementation, and verification of EMC solutions on groundbreaking consumer electronics products. You need to be able to deliver results under high pressure with tight schedules. You are encouraged to be innovative, strive for excellence with high motivation, drive action to completion.
Education & Experience
BSEE (or equivalent) with 5+ years of experience is required. MSEE (or equivalent)is preferred. Additional consideration will be given to experience with electromagnetic modeling and simulation tools such as CST, HFSS, ADS and PowerSI. Experience with Matlab and scripting for test automation and data analysis is a plus.