Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, our creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this position, you will be responsible for manufacturing research and development to seek sophisticated manufacturing problems that have direct impact to final product cost, quality and delivery of Watch products. You will have the opportunity to work under broad goals and objectives, exercises judgment within general defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for acquiring solutions to sophisticated problems.
- - Mechanical Engineering degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in machine/fixture design.
- - Experience with automation including linear drives, servo motors, step motors, and mechanical actuators.
- - Experience with vision system integration for both fixture positioning control and automated measurement fixtures using both CCD and laser systems.
- Develop RFP’s that communicate fixture requirements and specifications and get along with selected vendors to receive DFM’s that fulfill the RFP. - Coordinate the design, fabrication and qualification of assembly fixtures both manual and automated. - Coordinate the design, fabrication and qualification of automated measurement and data collection for assemblies and/or sub-assemblies. - Ability to function independently, knowingly, and willingly of what needs to be accomplished to maintain the program schedules while handling your own time and travel schedule for meeting the performance requirements specified of given fixtures. - Participation with multi-functional teams to understand and contribute to the overall process flow and assembly requirements of the product design. - Cross functional team interaction and communication to acquire vital information and criteria as it relates to the need and performance of a desired fixture. - Internal team communications and interactions to contribute with the evaluation of fixture designs, development, and qualification to the line. - Establish positive relationships and avenues of direct communication with vendors to steer and advise the design, fabrication, development, and qualification of fixtures. - Provide early and ongoing involvement to ensure new fixtures are mechanically stable, repeatable, reliable, and efficient. - Provide support and root cause analysis for fixture assembly/measurement errors by working directly with vendors and CM’s to resolve line down and/or fixture performance issues.
Education & Experience
BSME or equivalent (MSME, MSIE desired), majors on Mechanical / Electrical /Computer science engineering
- DESIRED/REQUIRED SKILLS
- - Software usage of Excel, Jump, Keynote, and Powerpoint for the purpose of compiling data and reports into presentation.
- - Solid understanding of SolidWorks or other 3D CAD software to enable manipulation of the data files as needed to build RFP’s.
- - Ability to read and interpret 2D drawings/CAD with GDT format.
- - Complete understanding of Cp/CpK and GRR for bringing up and qualifying fixtures.
- - Bi-lingual with an emphasis on the ability to clearly communicate in English.