RF Station Software Engineer – Instrument Engineering
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
The Instrument Engineering team develops custom RF test instruments to enable Apple to deliver world-leading products to our customers. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer, capable of delivering high quality bespoke software solutions in a fast paced environment, to join our team. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts.
- Proven experience of Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD) concepts & scalable software design principles
- Relevant experience of SW test techniques and methodologies
- Solid understanding of RF fundamentals
- Energy and drive to succeed in a start-up like environment
- Good understanding of a Wireless standard
As a RF Station Software Engineer, you will be at the center of our production engineering, developing high quality software using modern software engineering techniques as part of a diverse team. Responsibilities include crafting, developing, testing, deployment, triage and support of software solutions, using a data-driven approach within a continuous improvement culture. You will work proactively with other multi-functional teams to support the deployments of our instruments, to ensure the optimum performance to improve the quality of Apple’s products. Domestic and/or international travel is possible.
Education & Experience
BS EE or CS required, MS EE or CS preferred
- - 3-5+ years of proven experience or equivalent
- - Recent experience in any of the following areas
- - Developing and deploying distributed software systems
- - Developing new software applications or drivers on any platform
- - Web technologies/Web application development
- - Basic knowledge of RF lab equipment including: spectrum analyzers, vector signal generators, power sensors, switch controllers, combiners, etc.