Global Supply Manager Intern
Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We provide equal opportunities.
- Solid communication skills, negotiation skills, ability to work in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives.
- Knowledge of Program Management
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management
- Knowledge of mechanical manufacturing is preferred
- Understanding of costing concepts, cost reduction, modeling, etc. preferred
- Skilled in Excel and PPT
Our enclosure global supply management team is responsible for the sourcing, manufacturing development, execution and production of Apple's differentiated and unique mechanical enclosure parts. Part of Apple's core business is the creation and development of our world-class mechanical / industrial designs and as such, the management of the supply chains is required to be equally unique, innovative and specialized. Due to the importance of this discipline in the definition of Apple's brand, this business group must be able to innovate not only our products, but also the very business processes by which we accomplish our objectives. The complicated balance between the need to achieve ground breaking mechanical developments and business execution creates challenges that drive processes that require a bridge from engineering risk to manufacturing capability to business needs. INDIVIDUALS IN THIS GROUP SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING: - Supply chain management: be responsible for identification, development, negotiation and management of existing and developing Apple mechanical suppliers. - Cost: develop, negotiate and execute of a part and assembly cost strategy. You will need to have an understanding of mechanical manufacturing techniques which is helpful to better evaluate supplier capabilities and opportunities for Apple. - Multi-functional support: work with Apple's industrial design, product development and operations teams. - Build Support: lead on-site management of mechanical enclosure manufacturing partners to manage the development builds, risk mitigation and ramp. - On time delivery: manage schedule, capacity and supply planning to meet Apple’s production demand. Risk Mitigation: evaluation of technical and business risks using data based analysis and developing sound risk mitigation alternatives.
Education & Experience
MSME or BSME/IE or equivalent, MBA is a plus.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.